Quality feeding is animal health, quality and safe livestock products (milk, meat, eggs, fur) and profitable agriculture.In the structure of the prime cost feeds account for 55% in milk production, 65% in the beef production and up to 75% in the pork production. Both quantity and quality of products depend on the quality of compound feed.
The full-value of the feed directly affects:
- fat and protein content in cow’s milk, the amount of milk. Feed and feeding of lactating animals significantly affect (from environmental factors) the formation of productivity, composition and properties of milk. The great importance in feeding has the nutritional value of feed (protein, fat, sugar, mineral, vitamin), variety of feeds, individual feeds and their combinations;
- yolk color in quail and chicken eggs, shell strength. The size of the egg depends solely on the genetic potential of the bird. But the thickness of the shell, the intensity of egg production depends on the level and feeding full-value. Feed factor affects the ratio, composition and properties of albumen and yolk. High levels of metabolic energy in the diet change the ratio of albumen to yolk in favor of the yolk. The increased content of crude protein leads to an increase in the proportion of albumen, while a low content of protein not only decreases in relation to the amount of albumen, but also effects the albumen so that it becomes thinner. If the content of crude protein in the diet of chickens amounts to 13, 16 and 19 g, the albumen thickness is respectively 5.6, 5.7 and 5.9 mm;
- taste, color of meat and lard of pigs. Excess corn diet, roughage, fish waste or meat and bone meal adds a distinctive unpleasant fishy taste to the pork, excess connective tissue in the form of coarse veins in the fat;
- the ratio of meat to lard in pig carcasses. Of course, these indicators are correlated by selection. But excessive feeding of grain, high-energy feed at the final stage of fattening leads to an increase in a thick layer of lard. At the same time, the emphasis on balanced feeding of full-value in terms of mineral and vitamin composition provides the unleashing of the genetic potential of the pig breed;
- quality of rabbit wool, fur. For fur and wool productivity it is necessary to provide rabbits with food high in protein, sulfur content and other macronutrients.