Lohmann Classic is a breed of laying hens.
History: German breed was bred in the 70s of XX century. with an emphasis on a high level of egg laying productivity. Lohmann Classic has gained popularity thanks to its unpretentiousness, the large size of white shell eggs.
Advantages of genotype:
- high level of egg laying productivity – you can get up to 330 eggs from each laying hen;
- young animals liveability of 94-96%;
- conversion of feed is 2-2.2 kg / kg per 1 kg of egg mass;
- start of egg laying productivity from 4 months of age;
- unpretentiousness to the keeping conditions. Loman Classic will be laying even in an unheated chicken coop.
Exterior: Adult roosters reach 2.5 kg of live weight, hens weigh no more than 1.5 kg. Chickens of this cross consume a small amount of food. The plumage is snow white. The body is light, triangular. Well-developed tail and small wings, high legs. Eggs of large size with a white shell.
Features of keeping: Birds are compliant and sociable, easily get along with other species, quickly get used to new conditions. The breed is not prone to excessive weight gain.